GAME INFO:Texas Tech Game Notes | Oklahoma Game Notes | Big 12 Notes | GametrackerOpponent:Oklahoma SoonersDate/Time:Wednesday, January 16, 2012 / 7 p.m.Location:Norman, Okla. (Lloyd Noble Center / 12,000)Radio:Texas Tech Sports Network from Learfield Sports
Brian Hanni (Play-By-Play) and Chris Level (Analyst)Satellite Radio:Oklahoma Broadcast -- Sirius (135)Television:Big 12 Network / WatchESPN.comChannel:KMYL-14 (Local) Lubbock Suddenlink (6/HD106),
AT&T U-Verse (14/HD1014), Dish Network (14)
Doug Bell (Play-by-Play), Bryndon Manzer (Analyst)On The WebLive in-game statistics and other coverage can be found at www.texastech.comRankings:Texas Tech: None. Oklahoma: None.Head Coaches:Texas Tech: Chris Walker (Career: 8-6 in one season; At Texas Tech: Same).
Oklahoma: Lon Kruger (Career: 505-323 in 27 seasons; At OU: 26-19 in two seasons).Against OU:This is the 52nd meeting between the two schools. OU leads series, 32-19.
Texas Tech Quick Hits
The Last Meeting
Oklahoma47 Texas Tech65
February 11, 2012
Red Raiders Top Sooners, 65-47
Javarez Willis scored a career-high 21 points and Robert Lewandowski had 16 to lead Texas Tech over Oklahoma 65-47 on Saturday night, giving the Red Raiders their first Big 12 win.
• A win over Oklahoma would give the Red Raiders a 2-2 mark to open conference play for the ninth time since the formation of the Big 12. • The Red Raiders look to start Big 12 play 2-2 for the first time since 2008.
• Texas Tech is looking to win back-to-back road games for the first time since 2008. It would also be the first time since 2008 that the Red Raiders have opened league play with two straight road wins.
• Texas Tech fell to No. 6 Kansas, 60-46, on Saturday, holding the Jayhawks to its lowest scoring output since last year's national championship game.
• Texas Tech finished the non-conference portion of its schedule 7-4. It was the longest homestand in program history at 11 games.
• This is the 52nd meeting between the two schools, with Oklahoma leading the series, 32-19. Texas Tech has won four of the last six meetings with the Sooners.
• Chris Walker looks to become the eighth Red Raider head coach in his first full season to start conference play 2-2.
• Texas Tech is averaging 71.1 possessions per game and 1.00 points per possession, while Oklahoma is averaging 67.1 possessions and 1.02 points per possession. Last season, Texas Tech averaged 0.92 points per possession.
• Jaye Crockett is the second leading Sixth Man in the nation (14.0 points) and is second in rebounding (8.2 boards) off the bench among the major conferences. Crockett has led the team in scoring 10 times this season.
• Since Dusty Hannahs
moved into the starting rotation, he has gone from 3.6 points per game off the bench to 10.0 points per game in his six starts.
• Josh Gray is second in the Big 12 and 61st nationally in steals (2.0), while averaging 10.0 points and 2.9 assists per game.