|GAME INFO:||Texas Tech Game Notes | TCU Game Notes | Big 12 Notes | Gametracker|
|Opponent:||TCU Horned Frogs|
|Date/Time:||Saturday, January 5, 2012 / 5 p.m.|
|Location:||Fort Worth, Texas (Daniel-Meyer Coliseum / 7,201)|
|Radio:||Texas Tech Sports Network from Learfield Sports|
Brian Hanni (Play-By-Play) and Chris Level (Analyst)
|Satellite Radio:||TCU Broadcast – Sirius (123) / XM (194)|
|Television:||FOX Sports Southwest|
|Channel:||Lubbock Suddenlink (20/HD220), Direct TV (676)|
AT&T U-Verse (753/HD1753), Dish Network (415)
Brian Estridge (Play-by-Play), John Denton (Analyst)
|On The Web||Live in-game statistics and other coverage can be found at www.texastech.com|
|Rankings:||Texas Tech: None. TCU: None.|
|Head Coaches:||Texas Tech: Chris Walker (Career: 7-4 in one season; At Texas Tech: Same). |
TCU: Trent Johnson (Career: 235-189 in 14 seasons; At TCU: 9-4 in one season.)
|Against TCU:||This is the 120th meeting between the two schools. Tech leads series, 72-47.|
• The Red Raiders and Horned Frogs will meet for the 120th time. Texas Tech leads the all-time series, 72-47. The Red Raiders are 28-27 in games played in Fort Worth. TCU has won the last two meetings between the two schools.
• Despite Texas Tech and TCU going their separate ways after the breakup of the Southwest Conference in 1996, the two schools have continued to play every year with the exception of 1998-99 season.
• Texas Tech is averaging 73.6 possessions per game and 1.04 points per possession, while TCU is averaging 61.0 possessions and 0.94 points per possession. Last season, Texas Tech averaged 0.92 points per possession.
• Texas Tech’s Jaye Crockett was named the Big 12 Conference Player of the Week on Monday. He leads the Red Raiders in scoring (15.2 points) and rebounding (9.2 boards) and is fourth and first in the Big 12 in those respective categories.
• Jaye Crockett is also the nation’s No. 1 Sixth Man in teams of scoring (15.2 points) and rebounding (9.2 boards) off the bench among the major conferences.
• Texas Tech’s Chris Walker will look to become the first Red Raider head coach to win a conference opener on the road in his first season at the helm of the program since Dell Morgan won in Las Cruces against New Mexico State, 48-24, on Jan. 17, 1933.
• Texas Tech’s Jordan Tolbert will be playing in his hometown for the second straight year. Last year, he had a career-high 27 points on 12 of 16 shooting against the Horned Frogs.