Even with about a 2 hour lightning delay, the Lady Raider's continued dominance of teams from up to down. The 4-1 win became the first NCAA win in school history, and set them a date with a match v.s. Duke today at 1:00.
The 2013 Lady Raider team just became the second team in program history to win 20 matches. The other? The 1987 Lady Raiders who were 20-4.
Below are the doubles and singles results.
1. #80 Samantha Adams (TT) def. Christin Newman (COC) 6-0, 6-1
2. Rashmi Teltumbde (TT) vs. Kelly Kambourelis (COC) 2-4, 5-0, unfinished
3. Kenna Kilgo (TT) def. Brooke McAmis (COC) 6-4, 6-1
4. Elizabeth Ullathorne (TT) vs. Samantha Maddox (COC) 6-1, 3-6, unfinished
5. Nikki Sanders (TT) vs. Katherine Schofield (COC) 6-1, 3-2, unfinished
6. Caroline Starck (TT) def. Irene Viana (COC) 6-1, 6-0
1. #16 Samantha Adams/Kenna Kilgo (TT) def. Katherine Schofield/Irene Viana (COC) 8-2
2. Nikki Sanders/Rashmi Teltumbde (TT) vs. Samantha Maddox/Christin Newman (COC) 6-3, unfinished
3. Caroline Starck/Elizabeth Ullathorne (TT) def. Kelly Kambourelis/Brooke McAmis (COC) 8-2
Records: #71 College of Charleston 20-9; #17 Texas Tech 20-6
Order of finish: Doubles (1,3); Singles (1,6,3)
The Lady Raiders will face Duke today at 1:00 pm. for a chance to move onto the third round of the NCAA championships.
Until then, Guns Up!