|GAME INFO:||Texas Tech Game Notes | Baylor Game Notes | Big 12 Notes | Gametracker|
|Date/Time:||Tuesday, January 8, 2012 / 6 p.m.|
|Location:||Lubbock, Texas (United Spirit Arena / 15,098)|
|Radio:||Texas Tech Sports Network from Learfield Sports|
Brian Hanni (Play-By-Play) and Chris Level (Analyst)
|Satellite Radio:||Sirius (137) / XM (192)|
|Channel:||Lubbock Suddenlink (30/HD230), Direct TV (209)|
AT&T U-Verse (606/HD1606), Dish Network (144)
Roxy Bernstein (Play-by-Play), Miles Simon (Analyst)
|On The Web||Live in-game statistics and other coverage can be found at www.texastech.com|
|Rankings:||Texas Tech: None. Baylor: None.|
|Head Coaches:||Texas Tech: Chris Walker (Career: 8-4 in one season; At Texas Tech: Same). |
Baylor - Interim: Jerome Tang (Career: 1-0 in one season; At Baylor: Same).
|Against Baylor:||This is the 123rd meeting between the two schools. Tech leads series, 74-48.|
Texas Tech Quick Hits• Texas Tech won its Big 12 opener for the first time since 2007.
• The Red Raiders' win over TCU in Fort Worth snapped a six-game Big 12 losing streak, an 11-game Big 12 road losing streak.
• A win over Baylor would give Texas Tech a 2-0 start in Big 12 play for just the fourth time since the formation of the league (2002, 2004 and 2007).
• Texas Tech finished the non-conference portion of its schedule 7-4. It was the longest homestand in program history at 11 games.
• This is the 123rd meeting between the two schools, with Texas Tech leading the series, 74-48. Baylor has won five of the last six meetings.
• Texas Tech is averaging 72.5 possessions per game and 1.04 points per possession, while Baylor is averaging 70.0 possessions and 1.12 points per possession. Last season, Texas Tech averaged 0.92 points per possession.
• Chris Walker is the first Red Raider head coach to win a conference opener on the road in the first season at the helm of the program since Dell Morgan win in Las Cruces against New Mexico State, 48-24, on Jan. 17, 1933.
• Jaye Crockett, who was named the Big 12 Player of the Week last week, is the nation's No. 1 Sixth Man in teams of scoring (15.0 points) and rebounding (8.8 boards) off the bench among the major conferences. Crockett has led the team in scoring nine times this season.
• Jordan Tolbert could be peaking a the right time. The Texas Tech sophomore is averaging 9.6 points and 7.0 rebounds over the last five games.
• Since Dusty Hannahs moved into the starting rotation, he has gone from 3.6 points to 12.5 points per game.
• Josh Gray is second in the Big 12 and 29th nationally in steals (2.4), while averaging 10.2 points.