| 2012 Meineke Car Care Bowl of Texas|
Houston, Texas, Friday, Dec, 28, 8 p.m. CT
|Twitter: @TechAthletics | @BlayneBeal | @ScottLacefield | @B_DrownTTU | @TexasBowl|
December 24 - Christmas EveTexas Tech made its official arrival into Houston on Sunday evening and immediately hit the practice field on Monday morning for the first workout of Meineke Car Care Bowl week.
The Red Raiders walked out onto the turf at Rice Stadium at 10:15 a.m. on Christmas Eve and held a two-hour workout that ended at 12:25 p.m. Rice Stadium, home of the Rice Owls, will serve as Tech’s workout facility for the next couple of days. Tech will hold a 10:30 a.m. workout on Tuesday and Wednesday at Rice before holding a brief walk-through at Reliant Stadium on Thursday afternoon.
The energy at today’s workout was exceptionally high and the vocal leadership from this year’s senior class was noticeable. With the developments over the last two weeks, it was nice to the see the team come out focused on the first day of practice.
Tech’s senior leadership will be vital this week and will be in the hands of quarterback Seth Doege (will make his 25th consecutive start on Friday) and safety Cody Davis (will make his 49th career start).
- The Red Raiders couldn’t have asked for better weather on their first full day in Houston as temperatures were in the low 70s under sunny skies. A strong weather system is expected to move into the area on Tuesday and could potentially force the team to move to the Texans Indoor Practice Facility.
- Texas Tech will be without senior cornerback Cornelius Douglas, senior defensive lineman Leon Mackey and junior linebacker Chris Payne for the Meineke Car Care Bowl. The players have been suspended for a violation of team rules.
- Sophomore TE Jace Amaro has been cleared to play in the Meineke Car Care Bowl. He was cleared to practice two weeks ago but team physicians have now given clearance for him to play against Minnesota.
- Senior quarterback Seth Doege, senior lineman LaAdrian Waddle, junior receiver Eric Ward and junior defensive end Dartwan Bush addressed the media following practice.
- Tickets in Texas Tech’s allotment are still available for purchase at texastech.com. Kickoff is set for 8 p.m. on Friday at Reliant Stadium.